.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Real Band

I joined a band this summer! Surprise! I never thought I'd join a rock band of any sort at any point in my life, but then my friends decided that it would be fun, and I realized that it would be. We were very informal, just playing asking to play "real band" whenever we wanted to. We called it real band to distinguish it from another favorite game, Rock Band. Scott owned most of the instruments, and he bought a really nice PA system, and so we had all we needed to give a rocking performance!

The band decided to go early 90's with their styling, but decided that I, the token girl, should go 80's. So I did. And I looked awesome! Side ponytail, bright colored makeup and clothes, and of course, the off-the-shoulder look :)

L to R: PJ (bass), Jeff (guitar), Nick (vocals), Scott (guitar), Michelle (keyboard), Jon (drums)

My sister recorded a video of our performance. However, the only copy is on facebook, so you have to have an account (and maybe be my friend) to see it. But most of you reading this have both, so it doesn't matter much. But when I get around to it, I'll post the video here. We sound pretty good! ;)

And it should be noted that during our performance, the cops got called. Apparently somebody didn't appreciate our music, and so they called the police instead of asking us to turn down. Turns out it's illegal to have an amp outside without a concert permit. We were just having an open mic night for our ward FHE activity (a monday-night activity we have with our church). It was kind of funny, but it was okay because we were done playing before the police got there. Everyone else just had to be ridiculously quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment