.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jet skiing and ATV-ing

Day 2 of our grand adventure in California held the fun of Jet Skiing!

This is me in my suit all ready to jump in the lake. (I'm wearing a life vest; safety girl!)

These two fellas (Curtis and Ryan) are potentially too good of friends. They have broken jet skis before, and to my utter astonishment, I saw them roll a very large jet ski upside down. I think, when they were riding together, that they spent more time IN the water than on top of the jet ski.

This is an awesome picture on our way up to the lake. I just want you to notice the uber-excitement that I feel. You can see it on my face. And contrast my excitement to the calm sleeping of Curtis.

Day 3 of our California adventure consisted of white water rafting. It was awesome, and only Ryan got washed overboard. (It's okay though, we got him back.) I don't have any pictures for that yet, but when I get them, I'll be sure to post!

Day 4 (our last day) was four-wheeling day! I was so excited for this because I've never been quadding before.

I'm the person on the far right with her arms in the air. That shows you how excited I was.

I was expecting a dirt track or maybe a large gravel pit, but this path was incredible! The path just went on and on! There was a dirt road leading to a large gravel pit. And then there was another road leading to another gravel pit. And another road leading to a trail of sorts up, across, and through a creek bed. I was following Curtis until he got popped into the air and his bike kept going while he went up. He landed (luckily) on his feet, but in the creek and got completely soaked. On our way back, he gunned his quad up a steep hill, and ended up popping a wheeling and throwing himself off the bike again, this time into a pile of dirt. He was okay, but had a VERY sore tail bone.

After we all got back from our adventure, we felt very tough. And very dirty. :) Tons of fun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment