.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Amusing story #1

So I purchased my plane tickets a few weeks ago for this San Francisco trip. It was cheaper to fly into Oakland instead of San Francisco, so after checking the distance, I booked a flight to Oakland. I thought I let the trip organizers know where I was planning on flying into, but somewhere something got lost in the translation. On the day of my flight, after flying from Wenatchee to Seattle, I call my ride to confirm the pickup location and time. Turns out that they aren't staying in San Francisco or the Bay Area at all. We are staying in SACRAMENTO.

Sacramento, California is about 87 miles from Oakland, or a 3 hour round trip (with good traffic).

I was frustrated and tired, and I got to stew about the confusion for the entire flight from Seattle to Oakland. I only had to wait for about 90 minutes for someone to get me. The family we were staying with drove down to pick me up. I was VERY appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment