.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Saga of the swollen feet

Traveling while pregnant can be difficult. I read that it was important to stay hydrated and be active on the plane so you don't swell as much.  I knew that a 10 hour flight would be hard, so I had a plan.  I would drink water as much as possible and then I would get a walk in every time I had to use the bathroom.  Since I had to go about once an hour anyway.  Good plan, huh?  But I just retained all the water that I drank and didn't need to relieve myself at all.  And I swelled up to my mid calf.  And here are photos of my saga.

These were my feet and ankles that were a bit puffy after walking around the night before we left Spain:


This is what they normally look like:


And these are my feet on the plane.  So puffy!


The swelling was amazing.  But happily it all went away by the next morning.  These are my normal legs and ankles.

 

And here are my ankles later that day after re-swelling.  Just around the ankle because apparently my socks were too tight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment