.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spring in Alcala

A collection of random sightings in Alcalá early this spring.

Classic Euro-mullet:



What is left standing of a very large building on the outskirts of Alcalá.





I think that it is cool that you can see the holes left by the floor beams where they stuck into the brick walls.

This window made a nice frame.



The Henares river runs along the southern border of the city and at one place concrete was laid down to make a ford. It is a favorite hang out for ducks on a hot day.


This is the dirt path that parallels the Henares.



Despite the weather warming up significantly, I still found patches of ice near the river.



On one of my walks, I decided to walk along the river away from the main path around a couple of empty fields. It took me quite a ways from buildings and other people. But then I stumbled upon what I think was to become some sort of clandestine meeting of a whole bunch of old Spanish guys. You can see three  of the five in this picture. One would think that they were just our for a walk until you realize that none of them seem to really go anywhere, but shuffle around the same 40 feet or so. The one in the grey is taking a leak.


Apparently Michelle thought it fit to include this one in the post.



2 comments:

  1. I used to go jogging on that path! I miss it so much. Are you still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a couple more months. It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete