.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baked Waffles (aka German Pancakes)

Baked waffles (also known outside of my family as German Pancakes and Dutch Babies) are delicious and super easy to make. But I hadn't made them for a very long time, and they fell into obscurity until my sister Neoma reminded me of them. These are pictures of the first one we made here in Spain.



I have never seen one look quite this big and chunky.


I've also never cooked one in such a big pan.




It deflates quickly after you take it out, but it is still delicious!!!!


Recipe

2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tea salt

Preheat oven to 450 F or 232 C

Mix all ingredients together.
Melt 1 tbsp butter into the bottom of the pan in the oven.
Remove pan from oven and quickly pour the batter in then replace it back in the oven.
Cook for 12 minutes, keeping a close on it, in case it rises too close to the heating element.

Enjoy topped with powdered sugar, cinnamon and sugar, jam, or just plain.

It's the best!!!

1 comment:

  1. Someone had me try it with fresh lemon juice squeezed on it before the powdered sugar. Amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete