.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Super FAT (Summer 2010)

So, everyone likes to think of summer when it's winter, right? Or nearly spring?

Okay, so I just never got around to blogging the second half of summer. We started August by attending Super FAT (aka Crapo Family Reunion). We went to a spot near the Hoh Rain Forest (right next to Forks). On the first day, we went to the beach. The kids had fun (see their smiles) as did my husband.



On the second day we went to the rain forest. We enjoyed hiking, and I loved walking with my niece. I taught her how roots are like mouths for eating and drinking (okay, maybe not the most technical, but the basic idea is there). The trees were beautiful and mossy!


After the rain forest, we went back to the beach. We went to the right side of the beach where there was sand. Hollis enjoyed running headlong into the surf. I was very happy to get my ankles wet (it was COLD!) but it was beautiful and misty.



That night (or one of them anyway) we went to Forks for Chinese food. The amount of Bella/Edward stuff was ridiculous. Hollis and I couldn't resist posing with a couple of them.



The pose below happened when Hollis, Carol, and I were trying to find ice cream. Apparently everything closes at 8 PM, so no ice cream for us.



On our last morning, we went and visited the animals that lived at the ranch where we were staying (the Hoh Humm Ranch - I highly recommend it!)



We had to hike, but we found deer! It was so cool. I got to hand-feed a deer. As did my awesome husband! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment