.

Monday, March 28, 2011

EJHS Fun Run = Wet

My brother Bri was fund raising for his Jr. High. The fundraiser is always a 5K/10K/17K walk/run, and part of his responsibilities included registering 10 people for the Fun Run. I volunteered to take all 4 of my cousins who live in E. Wen to the race. I went "running" with the 7-year old and 4-year old.

The race started just fine - both kids doing great and having fun. Then it started raining. I decided to cut the 5K short because I didn't think we'd make it back if we didn't. I ended up pushing both girls in the stroller with the scooter wedged underneath. I ran, so mud splattered everywhere.

Right before we got to the finish line, Hannah (4) couldn't move any more - she was too wet. I tried to convince them both to run the last 10 feet, but I had to put Hannah in a stroller and we crossed that way:

Wet. So wet. As we crossed, the lady with a stack of ribbons decided that both Hannah and Alyssa (7) were winners of their division, so they both got first-place ribbons. Hannah was a little confused why someone handed her a ribbon:

Thank goodness for those ribbons!


They helped turn a sad, wet ending of a race to the most amazing day ever - both girls had won! They were do excited. Hannah asked me, "Why were they smiling and clapping at me?" I told her it was because she was a winner. "How did I win?" I laughed. "By finishing the race!" I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment