.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Insight

Note: I actually wrote this a while ago, but forgot to post it. So here it is now!

I was studying my scriptures and this verse in Alma 32 gave me some thoughts:
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
I started thinking about the way that I often spend my time. TV and most media is quite passive. I just sit and absorb. And sometimes, I feel that is how I "participate" in church - sitting and absorbing. But that isn't the way that I need to be. I need to be active, to arouse my faculties. That way is the way to gaining spiritual insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment