.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home beautification project

When Hollis and I moved into the Goulden Nugget, we planned to repaint parts of the house. I painted the walls and ceiling of the family room, entryway, stairs, and upstairs landing in January/February. I don't have any "before" pictures, but this is the after:


Hollis replaced the light fixtures too. We are in the process of replacing the baseboards and doors. (Neoma made all the decorating decisions. We are just providing the labor.)

Next Neoma said that she and Jason were considering hiring a landscaper to take care of their yard. I suddenly remembered that I have a lot of job experience in landscaping, specifically lawn care maintenance. So I volunteered to do it. While they are in Hawaii I reseeded the lawn so it could go a week with no one stepping on it. However, before I could seed, I needed to get rid of the moss. I had put down some moss killer a week ago, so I raked out most of the moss when I de-thatched the grass. It filled an entire garbage can.





Yesterday I found this cool scrubber for sale at Target. It has an oscillating head to power scrub the areas that normally need a toothbrush to get clean.

My plan is to attack this grout in our bathroom. I will make the grout much whiter.

1 comment:

  1. That power scrubber looks like an electric toothbrush. :)

    ReplyDelete