.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Halloween Costumes

So my sister-in-law Carol is an expert costume schemer (Neoma wrote about this more in-depth on her blog).  Carol suggested to us that we would make the perfect Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Sweet Pea.  And she was right, so I just had to make the costumes.


(I'm not sure right now where a better quality photo is.)

I think I did a good great job.  Hollis makes a cute Popeye.  Leroy was the cutest little sleepy Sweet Pea you ever saw.  And Benji is pretty cute too.

 
I couldn't justify spending the money to buy fabric to make Leroy's costume unless I could make it function later.  I decided that I would make it in the style of a sleep sack so that he could use it for the rest of the winter.  When I went to the store to buy fleece, they were having their annual fleece sale! So I bought enough to make 4 sleep sacks.  I have finished three of them (see below) and am debating what to put on the last one before I finish it.

  

And Neoma is supermom - she made matching costumes for her whole family in just a few days!


These costumes later served as the inspiration for a movie that they made as a Christmas present for another sibling.  The video - "The Super Goulds" - is embedded below so you can watch it if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment