.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Institute Closing Social

We held our closing social during finals week. We wanted something fun, but low-key, so we made gram cracker houses and covered them in Candy. My house had a lot of candy on it, and ironically a lot of it was chocolate. (For those of you who don't know/remember, I don't like chocolate, so it's kind of weird that I was decorating with it.)



There was also a movie playing (A Christmas Story). Carl was sitting on a couch all by himself, so Hollis decided we should go and snuggle with Carl, so we did.

(L to R: Me, Carl, Carrie, Hollis)

I look pretty smug about it. My face cracks me up.

When we were cleaning up, we arranged all the houses on a table in front of this pseudo-stained glass mural that the senior couple missionaries made for the institute. If you look carefully, you can see that the house in the middle is two stories tall. It was the most epic gram cracker mansion that I have ever seen! This picture really doesn't do it justice, but I didn't bring my camera, so I'm stuck with the pictures I stole off facebook.


Also, during clean up, Hollis and I were putting candies back in their bags so we could use them again sometime. Hollis decided to help me with the M&M's, but in as awkward a way as possible. We were laughing about it all by ourselves, when Jon, the institute president, yells from across the gym, "STOP!" and runs over with his camera. Naturally, everyone else looked over and witnessed our cozy kitchen display. It was really funny.


After we cleaned up the inside, we all went outside and Jon, Hollis, Carrie, and I smashed our houses into the ground! It was strangely satisfying. And then there were two houses left, and Hollis and I decided to attempt a high-five with the houses. As you can see, we were successful.


The four of us house-smashers are proud of our work.


(L to R: Carrie, Hollis, Jon, Me)

Yeah, the sidewalk was plastered in frosting and crumbs and candies. But we swept it up and threw a lot of it in the dumpster. The clean-up wasn't all that annoying, and it was totally worth it. :) I love institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment