.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Menace to Society...

So our new friend Tyler turned 25 this last week. His roommate Steve thought it would be a blast to throw a "menace to society" party for him. This phrase comes from something Brigham Young reportedly said about how any man who is twenty-five years old and single is a menace to society.

However, we wanted this party to be a surprise. I had asked Tyler what kind of cake he would want, if he were to have one in a hypothetical situation. However, I was pretty sure he knew we were making a cake for him. So Carrie and I made him one for his birthday on Wednesday.

I'm pretty proud of it, especially since this is the first time I've ever been able to fit the entire word "birthday" on a cake. We gave the cake to Steve and it was just at his apartment when he got home. Heh. After he invited us over Thursday to eat the cake with him, I was pretty sure we'd thrown him off the scent of his real party that was in the works.

I made a "secret" facebook event, and we invited several people. The official story was that Tyler was going to come over and watch "Rudy" with a few of us.

Carrie and I went CRAZY on his "real" cake. We thought this "over-the-hill" candle was hilarious.



We used three funfetti cake mixes and 5 1/2 jars of frosting to get this amazing creation!



The day of his party arrived. Even though Carrie and I acted a little strange on Friday night, he didn't suspect. I was waiting outside to text Carrie when he got there so everyone could get quiet and turn the lights off. He walked in and was totally surprised!



This is Carrie and I showing off our amazingly sparkly and happy creation of a cake!

Oh, and we all dressed up as "menaces" aka gangsters. Steve and Carrie even bought Tyler a bandanna and a sweater so he could be gangster with the rest of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment