.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More flooring

We decided to take the leftover flooring and put it in our basement. We just had a cut carpet edge and poured cement flooring. Now, we have this beauty:


We ran out before we could finish. But that's okay because our stairs really need some help. 


So I figure that once the stairs get finished (by a professional because the drywall is also wonky and the stairs are built over the carpet and some other weird things) we may order more flooring and finish the whole thing! But for now it is so awesome. The picture of our new flooring makes me so happy. 

Also, I had the "opportunity" to clean our carpet yesterday. I left out a blue sharpie. Which Peter (2 years old) found and colored his hands and carpet with. You can't see it easily, but if you look just in front of Peter you can see scribbles from the fireplace to the white car. 


Rubbing alcohol just made the blue spread into splotches. Hairspray was somewhat effective, but I didn't want to scrub that hard for that long, so I borrowed Mom and Dad Gould's carpet cleaner. 


I finished off with a spot cleaner spray that I went over again with the cleaner machine. And my results? See for yourself:




1 comment: